- This event has passed.
CTR Training – Surrey, B.C.
November 29, 2018 @ 9:00 am - November 30, 2018 @ 4:00 pm$200 – $380
Helping Children Heal from Complex Trauma: Introduction to the CTR Therapeutic Model for Schools and Agencies
For the past 8 years Dr. Chuck Geddes and Complex Trauma Resources’ clinicians have been effectively applying an understanding of complex trauma in the treatment of children and youth. This two-day workshop for professionals will equip you to better understand and help the children and youth and families you serve. You can learn about the Complex Trauma Resources approach here and the CCI Program here. These two introductory days also provide the theoretical basis for the CTR assessment tools. One additional day is required for independent use of the Functional Assessment of Child Trauma (FACT) for agencies and the Functional Developmental Assessment for Schools (FDA-S). Please contact us for information about these assessment, tracking, and intervention planning tools.
- What’s All the Fuss About Complex Trauma?
- How Trauma Affects Brain Development
- Viewing Behaviour through 7 Developmental Domains
- Assessment and Intervention Planning from the CTR Lens
- Application of the CTR Therapeutic Model in Schools and Residential Care
Join Dr. Chuck Geddes and Complex Trauma Resources’ clinicians for two inspiring days full of practical insights and strategies, real-world case examples, and a comprehensive model that will help you make sense of complex client presentations.
Important Notes for Events
- Location: Simon Fraser University, Surrey, BC
Room: SUR 5080
Parking: There is a 3 hour time limit for Mall shoppers only. There is pay parking on the 5th level of the Parkade or across the street on 102nd Avenue on a first come first serve basis. There is also parking over at Surrey City Hall which is not too far away.
- Time: 9-4pm – Morning coffee break provided. Lunch on your own.
- Registration Deadline: Extended to Tues Nov 27, 4pm
- Days 1 and 2: $380
- Student rate: $200
- Group rate (5 or more) for Days 1 and 2: $350 per person
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
**Cancellation – 75% refunded up to 1 week before the event. In the event of illness or emergency please contact us.