- This event has passed.
May 31, 2018 @ 9:00 am - June 1, 2018 @ 4:00 pmFree
Helping Children Heal from Complex Trauma: Introduction to the Complex Care
and Intervention (CCI) Program
For the past 8 years Dr. Chuck Geddes and Complex Trauma Resources’ clinicians have been effectively applying an understanding of complex trauma in the treatment of children and youth. This two-day workshop for professionals will equip you to better understand and help the children and youth and families you serve. You can learn about the Complex Trauma Resources approach here and the CCI Program here. These two introductory modules also provide an entry into CCI Clinician certification.
- What’s All the Fuss About Complex Trauma?
- How Trauma Affects Brain Development
- Viewing Behaviour through 7 Developmental Domains
- Assessment and Intervention Planning from the CCI Lens
Join Dr. Chuck Geddes and Complex Trauma Resources’ clinicians for two inspiring days full of practical insights and strategies, real-world case examples, and a comprehensive model that will help you make sense of complex client presentations.
Important Notes for Events
Rooms: May 31st – SP 291; June 1 SUR 3250.
Parking: There is a 3 hour time limit for Mall shoppers only. There is pay parking on the 5th level of the Parkade or across the street on 102nd Avenue on a first come first serve basis. There is also parking over at Surrey City Hall which is not too far away.
- Time: 9-4pm – Morning coffee break provided. Lunch on your own.
- Sign Up Deadline: Tuesday, May 29th
- Days 1 and 2: $380 (Student rate: $200)
- Day 1 only: $200
- *Group rate (5 or more) for Days 1 and 2: $350
*Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book group rate.
**Cancellation – 75% refunded up to 1 week before the event. In the event of illness or emergency please contact us.