PEACE-ful Schools: Applying CTR’s trauma model to help children learn – Victoria, BC
April 20 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$100.00 – $190.00
For the past 8 years Dr. Chuck Geddes and Complex Trauma Resources’ clinicians have been effectively applying an understanding of complex trauma in the treatment of children and youth. This one-day workshop especially for educators or associated professionals will equip you to better understand and help the students who have experienced multiple Adverse Childhood Experiences and trauma. You can learn about the Complex Trauma Resources approach here and the CCI Program here. This introductory day also provides the theoretical basis for the CTR assessment tools. One additional day is required for independent use of the Heal ACEs Rating Tool (HeART). Please contact us for information about this assessment, tracking, and intervention planning tool.
- What’s all the fuss about complex trauma?
- How trauma and ACEs affect brain development and readiness for learning
- Viewing behaviour through 7 Developmental Domains
- PEACEful Schools – Integrating trauma knowledge into the classroom and student support services
- Assessment and Intervention Planning from the CTR Lens
Join Complex Trauma Resources’ clinicians for an inspiring day full of practical insights and strategies, real-world case examples, and a comprehensive model that will help you make sense of complex students.
Important Notes for Events
- Location: Four Points Victoria Gateway, 829 McCallum Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 6W6
- Time: 8:30-3:30pm – Morning coffee break provided. Lunch on your own.
- Registration Deadline: Fri April 3rd
- Individual rate: $190
- Student rate: $100
- Group rate (5 or more): $170 per person
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
**Cancellation – 75% refunded up to 1 week before the event. In the event of illness or emergency please contact us.