- This event has passed.
SCHOOLS WORKSHOP. Heal ACEs Rating Tool™ (HeART™) Day 1
November 24 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Heal ACEs Rating Tool™ (HeART™)
Educators and school staff play a significant role in the lives of children and youth. However, when these children are struggling with the residual effects of trauma and multiple ACEs, it can be very challenging. Children with complex trauma are often disruptive, have significant development delays, struggle to form relationships, and often exhibit challenging behaviours. In an already full and diverse classroom, these needs can be overwhelming.
The CTR clinical team offers a cutting-edge, trauma-informed approach into the effects of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) for children and youth. The CTR method evaluates the impact of trauma on the developing brain and then offers simple and practical strategies that address the core needs of the student at a physical, emotional, educational, and relational level.
The Heal ACEs Rating Tool™ (HeART™) is an assessment tool that gathers information about the child’s strengths and areas of support across 7 Developmental Domains ™:
- N– Neurological and Biological Maturity
- O– Over-Reactive Stress Response
- E– Emotional Regulation
- A– Attachment Style and Relationships
- I– Identity Development
- B– Behavioural Regulation
- C– Cognitive and Language Development
School staff and care teams can then generate and track individualized intervention plans based on this assessment, using the HeART™ Intervention Strategies to guide and support the youth.
Learn more about Heal Aces and the HeART Rating Tool™ here:
Some basic information:
- Prerequisite: Trauma-Focused Schools course or PEACEful Schools workshop.
- This is a 2 day event to be held on November 24 and November 26 from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- These are online events – that involve two complete HeART™ assessment trainings. Sessions are approximately 6 hours each.
- Cost will include1 full day of training, annual membership to the Healaces site and access to the HeART Rating Tool™ (*for specified number of cases). As cost is dependent on how many users will be accessing the assessment tool, it is best to enquire with interest and approximate numbers to Angela Murphy who will provide a direct quote for you.
- All inquiries can be sent to Angela Murphy (CTR’s Director of Schools Programs) at: Angela@complextrauma.ca